Friday, June 26, 2015

Ducky Solo Day 9

Uneventful morning was uneventful.  I woke up early and grabbed my lunch and my trusty nature valley bar and headed to work.

Not too busy today, but was busy at a good pace.

Lunch I had my usual.  Left over basil chicken, noodles, and stirfry veggies.

Lunch

I didn't want to eat too much because... dinner was all you can eat korean bbq at Gogi Time in Oakland.

Banchans

The Set Up
 The banchans were pretty standard with some broccoli, kimchi, japchae, bean sprouts, fish cakes, etc.
Charcoal!
 The charcoal was definitely a rarity.  No other place have I been to uses charcoal grills for all you can eat.  I don't think the charcoal added any special flavors, but I did like that the grill didn't really stick anything on to the meat.  It took a much longer time before any burnt meat bits started building up.  The meat selection was very good with some favorites including bbq chicken, bbq pork, and bulgolgi.

We also tried some seafood stuff, but would not recommend them.  The octopus tasted so salty and the squid was just flavorless and rubbery.  The mussels were ok.
Tacos
I was surprised to see that they had a special side dish selection of taco building kit.  I liked that they were tiny tortillas so I can make tiny tacos.  However, those tortillas tasted really cheap and dry.  The cheese also tasted cheap and dry.

Overall, (4/5) in terms of korean barbeques it was definitely a winner.  Gogi time will continue to be a good choice in my book for korean all you can eat barbeques.  Next time I would try coming on a weekday instead.  Fridays and Weekends the waits could be pretty long.  I came with a friend and the two of us waited at least 40 minutes or so for our table with no reservations.

One thing that could have made Gogi better was the use of the waitstaff button, so we would not have to frantically wave down an employee for refills.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment